Domo Gasoline Corporation LTD.

 

10624 105 Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T5H 4B2

http://www.domo.ca/home.htm

 

About the company 

 

   Domo originated from the former Dominion Motors car dealership, which was located at Fort and Graham in downtown Winnipeg. Dominion Motors, owned by the Everett Family, was Canada’s largest Ford Dealership and in
the early years was run by Horace Everett, father of Senator Everett.

DOMO was incorporated in 1958.

   But it wasn’t until 1970 that Domo started to expand in its current format. It was Senator Everett who had the idea of building a chain of gas stations under the name of Dominion Gas. He approached Safeway stores with the idea of putting gas kiosks on the front of their parking lots – in areas used mainly by pirate parkers (instead of Safeway’s legitimate customers). The people at Safeway liked the idea and agreed to test it at three of their Winnipeg locations – Ellice, Pembina and Ferry Road. The first Domo stores were built to look like miniature replicas of the Safeway stores that existed at that time.